OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Navigate Impress through barcode reader

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k4bf0389

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Navigate Impress through barcode reader Reply with quote

The idea is...
For each slide I want to generate barcode. Then I print that slide on paper with barcode. After that I use my barcode reader and presentation jump to that slide.
One posibility is if I my barcode reader behaves like keyboard, so navigate to the number of that slide. But this is not solution, because what about if you delete or add some slide into the middle of presentation.

Kind Regards
james_h
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: OOo Impress - Use a barcode to jump to a slide Reply with quote

The shortcut to jump to a slide is the number of the slide, then hit the return key. When you are editing with the notes tab or the normal tab in view, you can enter a field for the page number with Insert > Field > Page Number. This field updates automatically when you insert or delete slides. If you have installed the bar code font on your system you can set the font of the field to a bar code font by selecting the text and using Format > Character...

Depending on the bar code reader setup, the bar code reader may generate the return character automatically. If your bar code reader does not automatically generate the return character, check the instructions for your bar code reader to find out if you can enable it. You can test the bar code reader out by using it to input character strings into a word processor document.

Note that some bar code systems require the use of a start and end character that is not part of the character string sequence. For example, with the bar code system in common use in libraries, the start and end character is a star - so the code for slide twenty would contain the string
Code:
 *20*
. If this is the case, then make sure you put the star character before the page number field and after the field.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: