OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Is it possible to see more slides in Presenter Screen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
etienne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to see more slides in Presenter Screen? Reply with quote

Having recently made the move from Windows XP to Ubuntu Linux, I am looking for many of the same features that were available to me in Microsoft Office, and have found most of them easy to use and implement.

However, one feature still manages to elude me: the Presentation Screen (in Impress)

I will be upgrading to OpenOffice3 very shortly, but have been researching this much-awaited feature with great expectation over the past few months. Yet there is one great problem with this feature that made Powerpoint so good:

-- The ability to scroll through the slides and select another slide instead of just the next one --

I would like to be able to choose whichever slide I wish at the click of a button, without having to swap through 20 slides, confusing the audience, and looking like an amateur (again!). Powerpoint 2003 (and 2007) has a simple scrollbar at the side and you can find and choose your slide within a few nanoseconds.

Is this feature available? Or is there a way to install an add-on to make it available?

Thank you!
james_h
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: OOo Impress - Navigating to slides in random order Reply with quote

While showing the presentation, you can activate the navigator with Control + Shift + F5.
Find the slide you want to show from the list and double click it. Close the Navigator window by clicking the close icon in the upper right corner.

If you know which slide you want to go to you don't have to use the navigator. Simply type the number of the slide and hit return. For example, to go to slide 3, type 3, then hit the Enter key.

You can find out more information about navigating in the slide show by using Help > OpenOffice.org Help F1 and searching for Shortcut Keys for OpenOffice.org Impress.
james_h
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: OOo Impress - Right click for slide random access Reply with quote

You can view a simple navigation menu if you right click the slide during the presentation. You can use this menu to navigate to any slide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: