OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Weird closing down / starting problem after to 3.0.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexBell
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Weird closing down / starting problem after to 3.0.1 Reply with quote

I very much doubt that my problem has anything to do with a recent upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.1, but need to cover all possibilities. I have not made any other changes.

My computer is an IBM Thinkpad running in a docking station and is running Windows XP SP3.

Very soon after downloading 3.0.1 I left my computer running overnight - as I normally do - and the next morning found that it had locked up. That is, although the LEDs indicated it was still running I could not get any response from it whatever I did.

I then pressed the on/off button. The computer came to life, but as it rebooted told me that it could not load my personal settings. When it finished booting I turned it off through Windows Start option, and when it booted again showed my usual desktop and personal settings.

But even now if I leave it for any length of time it locks up again. I know that the screen saver starts. But I don't know what happens after that.

Has anyone else experienced problems after upgrading? Can anyone suggest what I can do to find out what is happening and fix it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: