OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Simple Function

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tasoli

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Simple Function Reply with quote

I'm trying to write what should be a simple function, but I don't have the knowledge to write it. I've discovered the =SUM command, but I'm not able to figure out how to combine enough commands to do what I'm trying to do. Here's what I'm trying to do:

Column A will have a name, column B will have a total of all columns from C to infinity. Here's the tricky part, I need Column B to have a sum equation that uses a row VARIABLE to determine what's being added, something like =SUM(C'%row'Very Happy'%row') or what have you, where '%row' is a real command. That's one of the parts I can't quite figure out. In addition, I need to write another variable that adds up the two cells above itself. So, if I place this variable in any cell, it will just add the numbers in the two cells above it together, but not need a specified row and column number to fetch the data from.

Make sense?
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFFSET(start_reference ; rows_offset ; cols_offset ; resize_rows ; resize_cols)
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_OFFSET_function

For instance:
OFFSET($A$1 ; 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4)
returns a reference to A1, 1 down, 2 to right, 3 rows tall, 4 columns wide => C2:F4

resize_rows and cols_offset can be negative as long as you stay within the bounds of the sheet.
resize_rows and resize_cols have to be positive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: