OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Setting Default Printer (Another try!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim S

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Setting Default Printer (Another try!) Reply with quote

I posted this problem back on 4/15. It was viewed 20 times with no feedback. I can assume only a) my request was so muddled that it could not be understood (which is what I am assuming) or b) there is no solution (after you review this and you feel that there is no solution please let me know.) So I will try again, this time trying to be clearer in my request.

We are using OOo on an MS 2003 server and deploying it to remote locations viaTerminal Services/ RDP. We have documents that are shared/updated by multiple people at multiple locations. He person has there own printer which is mapped through terminal services. A person in one town may print the document and then a person in a different town will want to print it on their printer later. The problem we are having is that when the docuement prints for the first time by the person in town A, it goes to the correct printer. Later when the person in town B prints the same document it prints on the printer in town A!!! You can go in and specify which printer you want the doc to go to, but people often forget and it is confusing for the end users.

Is there a fix for this? Is this a bug? Can we set a global parm in OOo to have the doc default printer always the default printer of the user?

I would appreciate anyone who can help in this regard.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: