OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

[Solved] Error Makes Base unusable
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sliderule
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMA-Jon:

Did you MARK this column ( the ID field / column ) as a Primary Key -- by RIGHT CLICKING on it, in the LEFTMOST AREA ( to the LEFT of the Field Name - over the green arrow ). . . and . . . select Primary Key?

Are you doing this with a NEW TABLE . . . that is a table that contains NO DATA?

Or, are you doing this in a table that already contains some rows?

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed / resolved.
MMA-Jon
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the table contains only one row, the only data in it is an ID primary key field with a 0 in it. I wanted to change it to put ID last instead of first when I got this error. and also I am sure that column is the primary key because of the key icon next to it.
Sliderule
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMA-Jon:

Once again, I have no idea what you are talking about, what you have written is not clear to me.

Perhaps, others can understand what you have written, OR, you can explain it better.

A primary key IS indicated by the KEY to the LEFT of the field name(s). Also, the ORDER of the fields, is IRRELEVANT . . . this is a database . . . and . . . you can 'process / display' the data in any order you desire . . . with . . . Queries OR Views.

You COULD . . . create a NEW TABLE . . . including a Primary Key . . . in the ORDER ( Field Name order ) you want. Next, just COPY data from your OLD TABLE ( if it contains any data ) to the NEW TABLE . . . so . . . you have NOT lost any data. This is done by LEFT CLICKING and DRAGGING the OLD TABLE over the NEW TABLE. You will be presented with some screens to ensure the placement of data from one table to the other in the 'correct field / column' order. You could also, delete the OLD TABLE, and, if you wanted, rename the NEW TABLE to another name ( such as the OLD TABLE name ).

Sliderule
MMA-Jon
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems good, sorry for putting things badly, and I wonder why I fail in English ^_^ I'll try it and edit.

EDIT: Thank you and sorry for being such a nooby pest it works fine. My sig only applies to Hardware and MS Windows knowledge xD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: