Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
|Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:25 am Post subject: Object Embedding Incompatibility
I have observed the following incompatibility between OpenOffice 3.0 (also Star Office 9) and MS Office 2003:
1. I create a chart in MS Word and save the document.
2. Open the document in Open Office.
3. Double clicking the chart opens the picture formatting dialog box. (Not charting).
4. I close the document without saving it.
5. Open the same document in word 2003.
6. I try to change the chart but it says "Object is corrupt."
Same happens vice versa as well, when i try to create a chart in OpenOffice and try to open in MS Word. Pretty strange interop issue. I have also tried the same with every other OLE option available in both the suites, but with the same problem.
Do you think i am missing a patch? Thanks to let me know.
I have faced other issues as well, such as some pictures have been found missing in the document(s)... but the OLE seems to be a show stopper in my migration plan from MS Office 2003 to OpenOffice.