OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

What's the best way to setup this database?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tdbear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: What's the best way to setup this database? Reply with quote

I'm creating a database to keep all information on all our RVs (recreational vehicles). I need to keep information about the unit (make, model, serial number, etc.), information on the sale of the unit (customer name/address, how much it sold for, our profit, etc.), information on the amount of money we owe to our finance company for the unit, information on financing of the unit when it is sold (customer financing), and information on how much the salesman made on the deal.

I was going to make just one main table that stores all this information. But I do have many other tables that have the names for my drop-down lists. For example, I have a table that contains my salesmans' names, a table that contains customer names and addresses, a table that contains the names of our finance companies, a table that contains the manufacturers for our RVs, etc. All the selections I make with these combo boxes, plus all the other information I type in is stored in one main table. Is this alright to do? Because all this information is pertaining to one unit. So I don't think I could break up the tables, could I?

It's been a few years since I worked with databases, so I'm a bit rusty. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: