OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Save as PPT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickab

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Save as PPT Reply with quote

As of yet I have been unable to save a presentation as a PPT file and have Power Point open the file. I have tried modifing a simple presentation, I even created a presentation with one slide and one line of text. Power Point returns the error "can't open the type of file represented by.."

I know there are issues between the two, but it seems that most people can who have used Impress and open their presentations in Power Point. Am I missing something??
tony.groves
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works for me. I took an existing OOO slide show, exported it as Powerpoint, started Powerpoint 97, opened the file, and there was no objection.

As a side issue, I also noticed that Powerpoint ran the slide show much more smoothly than OOO, which had jerky transitions. On an old 350MHz Windows NT machine with a 1280x1024 display I would not be surprised to find some jerkiness, but it wasn't a problem with Powerpoint.
Mx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In OOo 1.1.0, I saw this error once when I created an Impress file, saved it as PPT, **left it open in OOo**, and tried to open it in Powerpoint. Once I closed the file in OOo, the file opened fine in PowerPoint.
deepthink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Once I closed the file in OOo, the file opened fine in PowerPoint.
Thank you! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: