OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Report content based on calculations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonesd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Report content based on calculations Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to this and have a lot of questions and reading up to do. The following scenario is where I'm ultimately heading, so any hints or references would be greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to set up a database of swim times, so each swimmer will have a set of times they have achieved for multiple events, possiblly over several years. When we enter swimmers into a race meet, it is done by age on a certain date, usually the date of the meet. So the first part of my question is how to set up a query such that the result will return swim times for all girls, or boys who will be a certain age at a certain date. E.g. All girls who will be 12 on the 25th May '09.

The second part is for the report to return only the fastest times for each event over a selected period, e.g. the last 12 months. So if a swimmers has say 5 entry times for 50m Breaststroke in the last 12 months, only the fastest time is put into the report.

The way I currently have things set up is as folows:
A table with Swimmer details, i.e. Surname, Forename, Sex, Date of birth.
A table with Meet details (i.e. Meets that swimmers have swum in and achieved times), Meetname, MeetDate, etc.
A table with Swim times for each event (100 free, 200 free, 100 Fly, etc). This table is linked to both the Swimmer and Meet tables.

Thanks

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: