OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Search and return all members with same trans# [Solved]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sherriedunn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Search and return all members with same trans# [Solved] Reply with quote

I have a table of "members" and a table of "orders".
Each "order" is a payment for their dues with other details of that payment.
...type membership...amount...transaction#...etc
One of the details of the order is the bank "transaction#" of their deposit.
But...many members' orders (dues) are deposited in the bank under one transaction# each week.

I would like to have a form that I can type in a bank transaction# and
it would return all the members' orders that were deposited under that transaction#.

I have a query of the "members" & "orders" and I can make a query that returns all transaction #s with a set value, i.e. 123, but I need to change the search for many different transaction #s.
Yes, I am a newbie and stumbling thru this. if anyone has the time to point me in a direction to find the answer, I would appreciate it. I have searched...but no luck.

Last edited by sherriedunn on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Sliderule
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherriedunn:

Welcome to the world of OpenOffice Base.

You asked:
sherriedunn wrote:
I have a query of the "members" & "orders" and I can make a query that returns all transaction #s with a set value, i.e. 123, but I need to change the search for many different transaction #s.
Yes, I am a newbie and stumbling thru this. if anyone has the time to point me in a direction to find the answer, I would appreciate it. I have searched...but no luck

Yes, this can easily be done ( assuming I understand what you are asking . . . and . . . I think I do ). Smile

Please check out the link below . . . with a graphic . . . demonstrating a Query asking for values to be entered by the user, and, the user may enter many values, or, just a few . . . because the Prompts are identified DOWN . . . one OR followed by additional OR clauses.

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=67527

I would suggest you try it ( a Query ) with a few . . . and . . . add as many as you might want. Enjoy.

I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed / resolved.
sherriedunn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect! Thank you so much, Sliderule for taking your time to answer me! That looks like exactly what I need! I tried to search the answer myself, but was not successful. I really appreciate your giving your time to same me tons of time and I would have never figured it out!
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: