OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Printing problem of inserted frame text

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shreks
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Printing problem of inserted frame text Reply with quote

I think this is a bug:

When I inserted a frame and typed some texts into it and set this frame to the top layer so that it would not be covered by anything else.

Everything seemed fine:
1) at the print preview of OOwriter, it looks fine.
2) after I converted to PDF file by printing the document to PDF converter and view the PDF file with gv, acroreader (both in Linux and in Windows), the PDF file seems perfect.

UNTIL I started printing the document to real printer:
1) if I printed directly from OOwriter, those rectangle areas occupied by frames were printed as BLACK rectangles!
2) if I printed the PDF file from acroreader both in Linux and in Windows, or from command line by using lp or lpr, all frames were not printed at all as if they did not exist! even though they were still there in acroreader or gv on screen!

I have repeatedly produced this problem several times by printing the document to both HP blackwhite laser printer and color laster printer.

In order to make sure that it's not the problem of my document, I downloaded the SXW flyer of OpenOffice School Project and printed to HP printers, the SAME results were observed: the frame containing the text "Freedom at Home and School" at the first page was printed as a black rectangle!

Anyone has any ideas of this problem? It drives me crazy! Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: