OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

style Heading 1 text size problem - no traditional units

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daddo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: style Heading 1 text size problem - no traditional units Reply with quote

How to set text size option in Heading 1 style with trational units, for example: 14. Right now is there such an anomalia: Heading 1 text size parameter is only settable as % values (of what? i don't know) and all other levels of Headings (2-...= are settable as traditionale text size units...

And the secon question: How to i get with styles in the end of paragraph for example 2 empty lines, so that they are dynamical - if i change the text size or line spacing, the emty lines will change to?
floris_v

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell us the version number of the OOo you have.
@1: I checked, for me, in 3.0.0, I can only set heading sizes in percentages. They are relative to the setting in the Heading style (without any number attached). So if you want 18 points for Heading 1, select 10 points for Heading, then 180 % for heading 1.
@2: I don't think that's possible in OOo.
daddo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also 3.0.0 (build 9358).
But i can set text size from Heading 2. Only Heading 1 is settable with percentages.
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: style Heading 1 text size problem - no traditional units Reply with quote

daddo wrote:
How to set text size option in Heading 1 style with trational units, for example: 14. Right now is there such an anomalia: Heading 1 text size parameter is only settable as % values (of what? i don't know) and all other levels of Headings (2-...= are settable as traditionale text size units...

No problem changing from % to pt here with OOo 3.0.1 on Xubuntu 8.04. I just typed "16pt" in the font size box on the Heading 1 Paragraph Style dialog and the list of sizes changed from % to pt. I don't have OOo 3.0.0 available to test.

The "Heading 1" style is linked with the "Heading" style which has a 14pt font size, so the default font size of "Heading 1" is 115% of 14pt, or 16.1pt.

daddo wrote:
And the secon question: How to i get with styles in the end of paragraph for example 2 empty lines, so that they are dynamical - if i change the text size or line spacing, the emty lines will change to?

Juslt modify the paragraph style of the empty paragraphs. Right-click one of the empty paragraphs and select "Edit Paragraph Style". This opens the Paragraph Style dialog where you can make the modifications.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: