OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Setting up netbeans plugin for openoffice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtrudel

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Setting up netbeans plugin for openoffice Reply with quote

I am trying to set-up the Java UNO runtime and API in my Netbeans IDE and am having some problems. I followed the instructions at :

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/FirstSteps/Configuration

Step #3 under the Prepare the Netbeans IDE states:

A plugin specific configuration dialog comes up and required the input of a PATH to a valid office and SDK installation . After completion of this dialog the plugin is installed and configured correctly.

First off, I don't know what version of Netbeans these instructions were written for, but step 2 is completely wrong for Version 6.5. But, I did manage to get the plug-in installed and it automatically configure the paths from step 3.

Under the tools->options menu and the OOo API Plugin tab, the path to openoffice.org installation is:

"C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3"

and the path to openoffice.org SDK installation is:

"C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\Basis\sdk"

which correspond to the right installation directories on my machine. But, when I start a new openoffice client application project and run the generated java class that gets created with the project I get the following error:

com.sun.star.comp.helper.BootstrapException: no office executable found!
at com.sun.star.comp.helper.Bootstrap.bootstrap(Bootstrap.java:248)
at com.example.OpenOfficeTest.main(OpenOfficeTest.java:29)

So it seems to me that the plugin isn't configured correctly, because all the references to the openoffice packages seem ok, the project compiles correctly, but It can't find the executable.

Any thoughts?
Quaternion
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those instructions worked for me uninstall,
OO and reinstall if it fails do the same for the SDK.

You are right about the instructions being a little off, it will only prompt for the paths when you first try to create a project... it is an annoyance in the documentation but as long as you keep trying to move forward it will get done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: