OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Importing XML into Calc: DateTime incorrect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corwyn74

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Importing XML into Calc: DateTime incorrect Reply with quote

I'm using OpenOffice v3.1.0 in Windows, trying to import an XML file. I have a DateTime field that contains, for example, "1900-01-10T00:01:35.000" and MS Excel has no problem with it. However, if I open the same file in Calc, the date portion is dropped, and I only get the time of 00:01:35, while Excel shows the date as the number 240. I looked into the ooo2spreadsheetml.xsl filter, but I don't understand what's going on in there, as I don't know XSL at all..

Would somebody please help get me pointed in the right direction? Thanks!

I'm trying to get this to open in OpenOffice so that I can eventually migrate to our Linux systems, allowing our test engineers to edit the XML test scenarios in the lab (lab machines: Linux, office machines: Windows).
corwyn74

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh...I was curious to see how Calc would save the datetime fields, to see if maybe the different display between Excel and Calc wouldn't affect the end result. But I get an error that Calc is unable to save the file. So I guess our xml file is really confusing the XSL filter. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: