OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Spreadsheets inside a spreadsheet document not found via UNO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holger

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Spreadsheets inside a spreadsheet document not found via UNO Reply with quote

Hello,

using UNO and Java I have written a document converter that extracts text content from all kinds of office documents. A few weeks ago I found two MS Excel documents which contain several spreadsheets each. When I open them directly (by clicking on the file icon, for example), they open correctly in OpenOffice.org (and in MS Excel) and I can see all the spreadsheets inside.
However, when I open them via UNO, only one empty spreadsheet is found.

I used the same method of traversing through spreadsheet documents with UNO and Java on lots of other Excel and OpenOffice spreadsheet documents before and it always worked flawlessly, so I guess it has something to do with these specific documents.

I reported this behaviour as a bug at http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=101134 and also attached the example files there. Since I got no reaction so far and I am not 100% sure that it really is a bug, could somebody please try to open these files via UNO and try to access the spreadsheets inside (and possibly tell me what I am doing wrong)?

Thanks,

Holger

P.S.: a short extract of my Java source to access the document ("this.xComponent" holds the XComponent that I got from calling "loadComponentFromURL")
-------------------------------------------------------------------
XSpreadsheetDocument xSpreadsheetDocument =
( XSpreadsheetDocument ) UnoRuntime.queryInterface ( XSpreadsheetDocument.class, this.xComponent );

XSpreadsheets xSpreadsheets = xSpreadsheetDocument.getSheets();

XIndexAccess xIndexAccess =
( XIndexAccess ) UnoRuntime.queryInterface ( XIndexAccess.class, xSpreadsheets );

System.out.println ( "### XIndexAccess count: " + xIndexAccess.getCount() ); // here I get only "1"
-------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: