OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How print 3 pages per sheet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elberto
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: How print 3 pages per sheet? Reply with quote

Hi, I am making a depliant: I usually make a document having 2 A4 pages, then I print it on A4 sheet using "2 pages for sheet" printer options.
So I have a two A5 page depliant.

Now the problem is I need to do this to make a 3 page depliant!
I load on the printer a 21 x 44,55 cm paper sheet: if I print as using an A4 format two pages (I will print the third in a second time), I have the right print, but printer says error and printer stops with paper inside.
If I say I'm using a 21x44,5 paper format, I have one page for sheet printed.

Now I suppose I need make a document with page format 21x44,55 cm.
But my original documents are in A4 format: how can I merge 3 A4 documents into my personal format keeping all documents format?
Is there a way?
thanks.
floris_v

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I get you right, you want three columns of just under 14.85 cm wide. You can handle that by making a new document, set it to landscape, put three frames on it (Insert - Frame) and copy your content to those frames, or set the columns number to 3 (Format - Columns) and copy your content into those columns.
There's an option to print more than one page on one sheet, but on my printer (HP 5P) you can only print 1, 2, 4, 8, 18 pages like that, and I guess that it's the same for everybody.

If your problem has been solved, please edit the first post of this thread (Edit button) and add [Solved] to the start of the subject line.
elberto
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already tried to make 3 columns, but the original documents has already 2 columns (some 2 columns, 1 column, then 3 columns); so when I paste I have a totally different result.
floris_v

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case you'll need to work with frames. Expect to have to redo most of your formatting.

Keep in mind that OOo Writer is really intended for producing documents, not for DTP, no matter how many people use it for that kind of thing.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do File > Page Preview. To the left of Close Preview is the Print Options Page View icon and to its left is the Print Page View icon.

Use the first to set up 1 Row, 3 Columns and Landscape. Use the second to print it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: