OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How to remove horizontal lines from Openoffice document?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobel

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: How to remove horizontal lines from Openoffice document? Reply with quote

I am using Openoffice for the first time on a computer that we only bought a few days ago. I used it to open a half-complete uni assignment, a Word document that was on a USB stick. I've opened it, written something and closed it a few times.

It now has 3 big, ugly black horizontal lines across it, which I didn't put in, each on different pages. It seems to me that they occur when I write a large chunk of new text but not if I just change a sentence or two. I don't want them but can't remove them, they are undeletable!

What are they and how do I remove them?

Thanks for any info.[/list][/list]
isobel

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: update - black lines are section markings Reply with quote

The black lines are section markings. I got 2 new ones when I indented a paragraph(which I have to do for quotes over 30 words). They appear when I print and cannot be deleted.

Is there any way to get rid of them without re-installing Microsoft Word on the new computer? I need to submit my essay electronically tomorrow Monday...it looks terrible and I've wasted so much time in Help etc trying to remove them.
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may be paragraph borders, but I don't know why simply indenting a paragraph would cause them to appear. The horizontal lines which separate sections don't print. Select Tools > Autocorrect Options, then click the Options tab on the dialog. Click the Help button. In Help, scroll down to "Apply Border". Does this help get rid of the lines?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: