OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Footnote and columns get the columns stretched to endpage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laabaaz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Footnote and columns get the columns stretched to endpage Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

Maybe it is normal, but the behaviour I am going to describe is not what I want to do.

In my document, I have set a two column section of a page (select two lines of your document, and then Format > Column, select "two columns", for the selection).
This is working very well, except when I include a footnote inside these columns. It stretches these columns to the end of my page, whenever the column area stopped before.

What I want to do, is to maintain my columns as they are, and to have a footnote at the end of my page, like any other footnote.

Do I miss something ? Is it a manipulation to obtain this result ?

Thanks a lot !
Arnaud.
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try putting the text in a table cell (select text then select Table > Convert > Text to Table) before selecting the text and inserting the section.
laabaaz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this tip. I have tried the trick, and if I put my text in cells, it works.
But if someone could have an explication to give me about this, I 'll take it ! Smile I'd rather use column, I am used to it, and this is easier in my context.

Thanks again Bill P.
ftack

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try also "Format - sections", options, footnotes/endnotes: "collect at end of text" . However, Bill's suggestion might be the best in your particular case.
laabaaz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your idea.

This is not exactly what I want because with your solution, ftack, I don't find out what was the difference with endnotes, because the notes are gathered at the end of the document.

Thank you for your solutions, the Bill P's solution is a good way to work around the problem, but it doesn't resolve this issue ...

Have a good day !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: