OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Start OOo Full-Screen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quill18

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Start OOo Full-Screen? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup a system where people can use VNC to connect to a Linux machine. After passing a username/password through XDM, they start an X session with only OOo - no window manager, no capability to run anything else.

The trick is that I need OOo to take up the full screen (be maximized), especially since without a window manager, users can't resize it.

So, is there a command-line switch that would help here? A wrapper-program that I should use? A config file?

Users will always be starting with a blank document - although I could instead open a "blank" document with some kind of macro in it. Is there an API command I could be using to manipulate the window size?
Cybb20
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use a macro that runs whenever OOo is started.
The following macro would switch your ViewMode from normal screen mode to FullScreen Mode (and also back!).
Be sure to set the FullScreenMode off when OOo is closed (this can be done on the UI but also with a macro assigned to close application).

Code:
Sub fullscreen( )
Dim noargs1()
Dim dispatcher as Object

oFrame = ThisComponent.CurrentController.Frame    
dispatcher = createUnoService("com.sun.star.frame.DispatchHelper")   
dispatcher.executeDispatch(oFrame, ".uno:FullScreen", "", 0, noArgs1())

End Sub

You can assign macros to general events like open a document or starting the Application in Tools>Configure>Events. Be sure to activate the OpenOffice.org Checkbox (not Document).
Hope that helps.
DannyB

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One possible problem.

OOo is a multi-window program. It is not like an MDI style application.

I don't know how it might behave without a window manager. BTW, I have briefly run it this way, prior to starting a window manager. Smile So it doesn't bomb or anything.

But how would the user switch between active windows.

Maybe what you would want is a bare window manager, but not a desktop environment. That is, the ability to move and resize windows, and switch windows (i.e. window manager) but not a desktop environment that lets them start other programs.

TWM, while very ugly and primitive might fit the bill? Or try some other lightweight system like IceWM, but disable the "panel" from launching? (But then what about right-clicks?)

I'm not sure how best this problem could be solved. But as a user, a window manager seems like a must have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: