OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Default Language and Default Paper Size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaina
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Default Language and Default Paper Size Reply with quote

Hi, everyone:

I'm running OO 3.0.0. What I need to do is set the default language in the Writer to UK English, but leave the default paper size to letter. What I think is happening is that when I set the default language to UK English, OO automatically sets the paper size to A4. I don't want to have to change the paper size from A4 to letter every time I print, but can't figure out a way to set the language (that appears at the bottom of the screen) to UK English but leave the paper size to letter, not A4.

Thanks in advance,

Jaina
esperantisto
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Default template is the answer Reply with quote

Basically, you need to create a new default template for your documents with your language set for the Default paragraph style and your paper size set for the Default page style (and other styles as required). Read this tutorial.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: