OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Where is the website?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhereIsTheWebsite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Where is the website? Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been trying to access the OpenOffice.org website for quite some time now.

If I direct my browser to http://www.openoffice.org , I get a connection timed out message. I have tried this on several different computers on different platforms (Linux and Windows specifically) for quite a long time now.

Is the website down? Is there an ongoing DOS attack? Can you access the website? Has the website changed?

I can access any other website I throw at my browser (i.e. slashdot.org, google.com, debian.org, oooforum.org, etc.) just not http://www.openoffice.org .

If you have any suggestions or answers, please respond.
Curtz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is online again... modified,,,
tburcham
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: I got there just now, by clicking the link in your message. Reply with quote

Hi "WhereIsTheWebsite",
I got there just now, by clicking the link in your message. I've been
there within the past few days too.

tburcham
WhereIsTheWebsite

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: I figured it out! Reply with quote

I figured it out!

I had a custum built kernel running that had the zlib compression in the kernel enabled. I had never thought I checked this, but I apparently did. Apparently the problem was how the data transmitted from openoffice.org was comressed internally by the kernel, at least that's my guess. Well I unchecked that option, recompiled, and now EVERYTHING works just grand!

A sidenote: I absolutely love openoffice and have been using it for over a year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: