OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

trying to send or upload a .doc resume changed to word

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: trying to send or upload a .doc resume changed to word Reply with quote

]Hello
I am trying to upload and send a resume to a company which does not use open office. I changed the properties and icon of the .doc file to Microsoft word. I have the Microsoft word viewer and the icon does change to Microsoft word but the file association for the my_resume.doc does not change so I cannot upload it. Is there another way to do this?

Angela
esperantisto
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can’t really understand what is the problem. What do you mean under ‘upload’? Where are you trying to upload it to? Did you really save the file to MS Word format (File → Save As… and pick the appropriate option in the file type list)?
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: trying to send or upload a .doc resume changed to word Reply with quote

angelian wrote:
]Hello
I am trying to upload and send a resume to a company which does not use open office. I changed the properties and icon of the .doc file to Microsoft word. I have the Microsoft word viewer and the icon does change to Microsoft word but the file association for the my_resume.doc does not change so I cannot upload it. Is there another way to do this?

Angela

If you have OOo set up to automatically convert MS documents, then the icon on the screen will not change. It sounds like you have converted the document to Word successfully so you're good to go.

An alternative if the company accepts it would be to export the document into a PDF fomat and submit that.
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: trying to send or upload a .doc resume changed to word Reply with quote

angelian wrote:
]Hello

Angela

The file association and icon on your computer doesn't matter. What does matter is the file association and icon setting on the recipient's computer. You should either save your file as a .doc file before uploading or use File > Send > E-mail as Microsoft Word to send the document as an E-mail attachment.
larryheard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send your resume both in pdf and .doc to make sure either format of your resume template is preserve.
zekfrancis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Angelian

If You want to upload a resume then go to some steps like File-> Save As -> convert it into the window 97-2003.
After that you have to upload your resume and send it to the different company.
I think Your problem will be solved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: