OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Open Office Taking upto 2 minutes to load

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychobudgie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 2:02 am    Post subject: Open Office Taking upto 2 minutes to load Reply with quote

Machine : PIII 866, 512mb Ram, Abit BX 133 Raid mobo, 30gb Maxtor Diamond Plus HD @ ATA 100, 10gb Samsung HD @ ATA 66, Geforce 256 Pro DDR, SBLive 1024 and other standard bits.

Running : Mandrake 9.1 and KDE 3.1.0

Problem :

Open Office is taking up to 2 minutes to load from a fresh install. Can't figure out for the life of me whats causing it. Once it loads it seems to run absolutely fine but the loading time is starting to irratate me. Has anyone here had this problem and managed to find what is causing it? I have already seen a suggestion that running it within KDE can fix it but as you can see this won't help on this occasion. Nothing else on the system is playing up. The only thing I could think of is that it is attempting to access something (network possibly?), timing out then continuing.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Psychobudgie
psychobudgie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Found what is causing it, no idea why though. Reply with quote

For anyone with the same problem I have found the source of the issue.

When my machine which acts as a DHCP server has no other machines connected and running it takes 2 minutes. Turn one of the other machines on a bingo loads almost instantly.

Anyone got anyidea why the network should effect an office package?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: