OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Print issues: A. printer reverts to US B. How to print 2 up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peb
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Print issues: A. printer reverts to US B. How to print 2 up Reply with quote

Two problems:

First in Writer I find that the properties of the printer keep reverting back to US letter. I want it to stay as A4. Is this an OO issue or a linux one? and what should I do?

Secondly I want to print two pages per sheet of paper. Can I do this from openoffice print or should I be posting this question in a linux forums?

OO version is 1.1.1
O/S is Mandrake 9.2 KDE 3.1

Regards
Peter
dfrench

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. If it is the printer prtoperties that are reverting ... then that is an OS problem but if it is the page property (from Format > Page > Page Style) that is reverting then that is the normal operation of OOo to use the page style from the default template when creating a new document. Fix the page format to A4 or whatever by creating your own template with all your desired settings (page, paragraph and character styles) and storing it as the default template .... lots of posts on how to set your template as default.

2. Two routes for n-up printing.
2a. Go to File > Page Preview> Click Icon for print options page view (next to Close Preview by default) > Select the layout you require > OK > Click Icon for Print Page View (Left of Print options Page view)

2b. Some printers/ print drivers will do it as an option in Printer Settings > Properties> Page Settings > Page Layout. In this case it is an option available to all printing (not just OOo)
peb
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that.
I played around a bit & got the print preview to work - thanks but I have to admit it seems rather cumbersome to me

Re A4 reverting US letter my page template is A4 but the generic printer properties always reverted to US letter, so I don;'t know if thatis a bug or whetehr I have something else wrong somewhere.
However I found out about spadmin and ran that. Setting the printer options to A4 there works.
Regards
Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: