OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

I need help with a simple report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
denmarks
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: I need help with a simple report Reply with quote

I have an OO spreadsheet that does all my calculations. There is one line for each record. I have attached it as a database and am trying to create a report. Since there are more fields than will fit on a single line I am trying to create a report with 2 lines per record and am not able to figure out how. Only the first line appears and the second line sometimes appears as just a heading within the report.

The sample values got deleted during all my changes and I do not know how to return them if required. I do not even know if the lines that had the samples are required. Below is a link to my current report showing the field names. How do I fix it?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2491/4001597962_fbd9cba7d1_o.jpg

I would like the report to look as follows.

HEADING 1
HEADING 2

ENTRY 1 LINE 1
ENTRY 1 LINE 2

ENTRY 2 LINE 1
ENTRY 2 LINE 2
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use Writer to create a report.

Open new Writer document, press F4, open database, open the Tables or Queries item and click your table or query. Select the records you want in the report with the boxes to their left and click the Data to Text icon found above the field names. Put the bullet in Text or Fields.

Now when you move the field name from left to right you can do basic editing on the right like spaces and carriage returns. Don't forget to use at least one extra carriage return to separate your records.

In your case, if Heading 1 & 2 are not fields just type the in.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use Writer to create a report.

Open new Writer document, press F4, open database, open the Tables or Queries item and click your table or query. Select the records you want in the report with the boxes to their left and click the Data to Text icon found above the field names. Put the bulet in Text or Fields.

Now when you move the field name from left to right you can do basoc editing on the right like spaces and carriage returns. Don't forget to use at least one extra carriage return to separate your record.

In your case, if Heading 1 & 2 are not fields just type the in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: