OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Tweaking some settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tellmetellmetellme

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Tweaking some settings Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how to tweak the following settings?

1. When I'm opening a file I want it to display in Last Modified first with the files (not directories) at the top. I would like to save the setting so that I don't have to click three times to get to the most recently used file. In WordPerfect the directories and files are in separate windows, making navigation very easy.

2. I am VERY annoyed by the "Do you want to save your document in OpenOffice .swx format?" prompts and there doesn't seem to be a way to say "Do not show this message again." There SHOULD be. Smile The other annoying prompt is the "You may have lost data because you saved in another format, do you really want to close the file?" How can I tell it to stop pestering me?

Anyone with a suggestion on how to get rid of these pesky problems will win a double gold star, free airline tickets, a get out of Jail free card, three cases of good beer, anti-spam filters that work, male member enlargement that works, and a back massage from Liv Tyler or Orlando Bloom...or both, if you swing that way.

(Actually, no, you probably won't get any of those...or if you do, it won't be because you answered this post. But you'll still have a grateful OpenOffice user touting your brilliance. Hope that's enough to get a few replies...)
8daysaweek.co.uk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Tweaking some settings Reply with quote

Hi,

can't help you with No.1 I'm afraid. I'm not sure if there is an answer.

tellmetellmetellme wrote:
2. I am VERY annoyed by the "Do you want to save your document in OpenOffice .swx format?" prompts and there doesn't seem to be a way to say "Do not show this message again." There SHOULD be. Smile The other annoying prompt is the "You may have lost data because you saved in another format, do you really want to close the file?" How can I tell it to stop pestering me?

The answer to this problem lies in modifying your settings in Tools > Options > Load/Save > General. Under "Standard file format" you can set the format your files are saved in. it sounds as though you are saving in something other than OOo format. If you set this as the default, you should no longer get the prompts that annoy you so much Wink

Tips & Tricks - see reply #2 Feb 4th, 2004

HTH Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: