OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Editing Powerpoint Charts in Impress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kannan_29

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:31 am    Post subject: Editing Powerpoint Charts in Impress Reply with quote

While importing powerpoint files into Impress works well, I am not able to edit or modify any charts created in Powerpoint.

The error given is "Error in activating OLE Objects"

I am running OpenOffice under Mandrake Linux 9.1

Regards

Kannan
ftack

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Editing of the OLE objects requires the program that installed the chart to be present. In that case, it'll be MS Chart, which you obviously won't find under Linux. I am even not sure that it would work properly from an Impress on a Win system with MS Chart installed on it.
sj

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: OLE conversion Reply with quote

You can turn on the conversion of OLE obects which are embedded within a Microsoft document, then if you import the PowerPoint document also embedded Excel OLE objects are converted to Calc OLE (Options/load-save/Microsoft Office). The option is off by default, because it can take too much time if many OLE objects are part of the document - if a PowerPoint document is containing twenty Excel diagrams, then it takes the same time as loading twenty standalone Excel documents + 1 PowerPoint. (I got a performance Issue for this) Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: