OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Non-Equivalent. How to write it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morvael

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Non-Equivalent. How to write it? Reply with quote

Problem:
One can make equality symbol using "=" and unequality symbol using "<>" or "neq".
One can also make congruence/equivalence symbol (three horizontal lines) using "equiv".

But I can't see (in Math help too) how to make non-equivalence symbol (three horizontal lines with a slash on them. Is it impossible?

If not then maybe "nequiv" would be a good command for it.
RGB
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This symbol is not in the opensymbol font, but if you found it in other font, you could add it (open the symbol dialog, press edit, and in symbol enter a new name, like nequiv, select the font, browse to the symbol and press add - everything is in the help Wink )
jbulling

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Incongruent Reply with quote

Hi all,

I had the same problem. I guess incongruent is a very common symbol.
But it is interesting to know that one can enhance the symbols available in the editor.
Another sign I would like to have is the sign which is used as a replacement for q.e.d. Normally this is a small square.

Does anybody know how to add things to a font. Who is responsible for this open font and is it really possible to add signs there?

Thanks in advance

Jürgen
RGB
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have many kinds of squares in the opensymbol font (or in times new roman, for example). Do the following:
1) open a math object and press the "sygma button", then, press Edit.
2) under the area in which the characters are shown, go to "symbol" and type a name (like misquare)
3) in "symbol set", select "special", or write another name you like (for example misymbols)
4) select a font from the list, for example open symbol or timer new roman, and search the symbol you want
5) select it, and press add
6) SAVE YOUR DOCUMENT!!! For some reason, if you close without saving, your work is losed
after doing that, in a math formula, you write %misquare and you have it
Good luck!
remaus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: math symbols Reply with quote

Some time ago I was looking at using mathML and somehow downloaded several math fonts from Wolfram Research. Math3 contains the incongruence symbol and there are hundreds more.

Ron
bobharvey
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Issue raised Reply with quote

http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=31460

I've suggested a new attribute, a bit like strikethough, some sort of slashthrough
mannix
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Wolfram Fonts Reply with quote

Can be found here:

http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/windows/general/latestfonts.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: