OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Group By with Query Designer on Oracle 9.2 and OOo 1.1/ ODBC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Claudio

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Group By with Query Designer on Oracle 9.2 and OOo 1.1/ ODBC Reply with quote

I'm trying to generate a group by statement with the query designer tool but I'm not having the expected results. The query i want to compose is very simple

SELECT "DEM_CITY", COUNT( "DEM_CITY" ) FROM "JSTUDENT"."STUDENT_ADDRESS" "STUDENT_ADDRESS" GROUP BY "STUDENT_ADDRESS"."DEM_CITY"

If i compose this query in the query designer I get an Ora-00937 error: not a single-group group function error. Although this query runs just fine If I run it with "run sql command directly" button.

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong here. I'm using Oracle 9.2 with ODBC connection over Windows XP and OOo 1.1

Thanks for your help
wurzel
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Group By with Query Designer on Oracle 9.2 and OOo 1.1/ Reply with quote

Claudio wrote:

If i compose this query in the query designer I get an Ora-00937 error: not a single-group group function error. Although this query runs just fine If I run it with "run sql command directly" button.

Hi Claudio,

There's a bug in the sql parser that OOo uses in the graphical designer doesn't let you do 'group by' instructions properly. Native sql mode will work though as you have noticed.

Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: