OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Menu Bar Colors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grishnackh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Menu Bar Colors Reply with quote

I use a dark color scheme for my desktop. I have the menu bar background color set to black, while the menu titles are supposed to be white. This set up works pretty well for almost all of my programs except for anything in the OpenOffice suite. The menu titles seem to be black and are not visible against the black background.

Is there any way to change to color scheme for the OpenOffice programs to match that of my gnome color profile?

Link to screenshot:
http://www.iumentum.com/img/Screenshot.png

Also, some of the menu items show up as green while others are white (like they're supposed to be). I don't like the green at all. Is there a way to make them all white?

Link to screenshot:
http://www.iumentum.com/img/Screenshot-1.png

Thanks
Ed
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Menu Bar Colors Reply with quote

Grishnackh wrote:
Is there any way to change to color scheme for the OpenOffice programs to match that of my gnome color profile?

It should do this anyway. Are you using the official OOo version?

Grishnackh wrote:

Also, some of the menu items show up as green while others are white (like they're supposed to be). I don't like the green at all. Is there a way to make them all white

The green items in the screenshot are disabled items, and are shown in a different colour to show that they are disabled. Do you really want them to be the same colour, and hence having no way to tell which items are disabled?
Grishnackh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I'm using the latest OOO from the Ubuntu Software center. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it already but that did nothing.

Is there any way to change the color of the disabled items anyways? I'm not liking the green too much.
Ed
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grishnackh wrote:
Yea, I'm using the latest OOO from the Ubuntu Software center. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it already but that did nothing.

That could be part of the problem. The third-party versions of OOo in Linux distribution repositories are notoriously buggy. It might be worth getting rid of this version and installing the official one from [url]openoffice.org[/url].
Grishnackh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That fixed it. I downloaded the OOO suite from the official site and the color template works now.

Thanks Ed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: