OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Connector automatically routes off the page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peltkore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Connector automatically routes off the page Reply with quote

I just solved a problem and thought I would share. I'm making flowcharts with OO Draw and sometimes when I try to draw a connector between some boxes (boxes created using the "rectangle" tool), the connector automatically routes itself off the page into outer space. Like, drawing a connector down from one box to another box below it will make the connector form a big vertical loop instead of just going right to the box. Drawing the connector from the bottom-middle snap of a box to the left-middle snap of the box below it will make a giant horizontal loop going off to the left. This only happens on a few boxes and I have no idea why.

This happens on "Standard", "Line", and "Curve" connectors. If you select "Straight" connector, this doesn't happen since this evidently turns off the auto-routing on the connector. These choices are available by right-clicking a connector and selecting the "Connector..." dialogue. Of course, the Straight connector will only make a straight line, so it won't be suitable if you want a connector that goes from, say, the right-side snap of a box to the right-side snap of the box below it.

Let me know if this helps or if I'm just not using the software correctly!
peltkore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Seems to work find in Ubuntu Reply with quote

I use RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 at work and it was on that machine that I experienced this problem. At home I use the latest Xubuntu and I can't reproduce this problem on that machine. I'm using OO 3.1.1 on both boxes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: