OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum
 
 [Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How to group / keep table rows together ?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
aSchwarzie
Power User
Power User


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 50
Location: Belgium

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: How to group / keep table rows together ? Reply with quote

Hi,

How can I force selected table rows to remain grouped together in the page layout (and print) view and not be separated by a page break ? It looks like paragraph formatting settings only apply inside table cells and not across cells.

Besides, what could then precisely be the use of the following options you'd find under:
Table > Table Properties > Text Flow :
[ ] Break ...
...
[ ] Keep with next paragraph
Do these only apply to the entire table ?
What about when a table is larger than a single page (i.e. ROW applicable settings) ?

In the worst case I might accept to use a "manual page break" but that doesn't work either when the cursor is in the table.

Thank you for your advice and suggestions !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User


Joined: 08 Aug 2005
Posts: 6732
Location: Kingston ON Canada

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: How to group / keep table rows together ? Reply with quote

aSchwarzie wrote:
Hi,

How can I force selected table rows to remain grouped together in the page layout (and print) view and not be separated by a page break ? It looks like paragraph formatting settings only apply inside table cells and not across cells


I don't think that there is any way that you can specify which rows will remain together .

Quote:
Besides, what could then precisely be the use of the following options you'd find under:
Table > Table Properties > Text Flow :
[ ] Break ...
...
[ ] Keep with next paragraph
Do these only apply to the entire table ?
What about when a table is larger than a single page (i.e. ROW applicable settings) ?

In the worst case I might accept to use a "manual page break" but that doesn't work either when the cursor is in the table.

Thank you for your advice and suggestions !

Have a look at Help > Text Flow

They are for formatting the position of the entire table.

I think the only way to specify keeping rows together would be to use two tables.
_________________
jrkrideau
Kingston ON Canada
Currently using Windows 7 & OOo 3.4.0 and Ubuntu 12.04 & LibreOffice 3.5.2.2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aSchwarzie
Power User
Power User


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 50
Location: Belgium

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: How to group / keep table rows together ? Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, jrk. -- Yes it is by looking into the help for Text Flow that I understood it applies to the whole table. Sad
jrkrideau wrote:

I think the only way to specify keeping rows together would be to use two tables.

You mean by nesting one table into the other and telling the upper/outer table to not break rows across pages ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group