OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How to group / keep table rows together ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aSchwarzie
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: How to group / keep table rows together ? Reply with quote

Hi,

How can I force selected table rows to remain grouped together in the page layout (and print) view and not be separated by a page break ? It looks like paragraph formatting settings only apply inside table cells and not across cells.

Besides, what could then precisely be the use of the following options you'd find under:
Table > Table Properties > Text Flow :
[ ] Break ...
[ ] Keep with next paragraph
Do these only apply to the entire table ?
What about when a table is larger than a single page (i.e. ROW applicable settings) ?

In the worst case I might accept to use a "manual page break" but that doesn't work either when the cursor is in the table.

Thank you for your advice and suggestions !
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: How to group / keep table rows together ? Reply with quote

aSchwarzie wrote:
Hi,

How can I force selected table rows to remain grouped together in the page layout (and print) view and not be separated by a page break ? It looks like paragraph formatting settings only apply inside table cells and not across cells

I don't think that there is any way that you can specify which rows will remain together .

Quote:
Besides, what could then precisely be the use of the following options you'd find under:
Table > Table Properties > Text Flow :
[ ] Break ...
[ ] Keep with next paragraph
Do these only apply to the entire table ?
What about when a table is larger than a single page (i.e. ROW applicable settings) ?

In the worst case I might accept to use a "manual page break" but that doesn't work either when the cursor is in the table.

Thank you for your advice and suggestions !

Have a look at Help > Text Flow

They are for formatting the position of the entire table.

I think the only way to specify keeping rows together would be to use two tables.
aSchwarzie
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: How to group / keep table rows together ? Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, jrk. -- Yes it is by looking into the help for Text Flow that I understood it applies to the whole table. Sad
jrkrideau wrote:

I think the only way to specify keeping rows together would be to use two tables.

You mean by nesting one table into the other and telling the upper/outer table to not break rows across pages ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: