OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Changing Preference Store Location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doktorOblivion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Changing Preference Store Location Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of changing the default storage location which always wants to go to C:\Program Files\Open...\user ?

Here is the problem. I just lost my harddrive C:, I mean DOD. That forced me to reinstall and hence when I went in to try and use OO again, my preferences were gone. All my other disks I backup regularly. It would be nice to store my preferences along with my data.

Any help or hints appreciated, like how to hack bootstrap.ini or the like, I just hope this isn't in the registry. E.g.:

bootstrap.ini:UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/OpenOffice.org/3

Erick
PromptJock
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Menu bar: Tools, Options..., Expand "OpenOffice.org" item, then select "Paths". Highlight the "My Documents" line in the dialog box, then click the Edit... button. Make your changes via typing in the path OR "browsing around" using the appropriate icon buttons. Click the "OK" buttons to save your edits and exit the menus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: