OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Automatic (automated) recalculation help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Train618
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Automatic (automated) recalculation help needed Reply with quote

I need to recalculate my sheet without having to press F9 or having to manually amend a cell value, so that the time supplied by a now() function updates automatically and is able to advise me of the correct current time.

I have DDE data streaming into my spreadsheet continuously and many cells are being amended by the second, however the time in the cell which has the now() function doesn't update unless I manually amend a cell value and press enter, or by pressing F9.

Is there any way I can automate the process so that the now() function updates automatically, without having to press F9 or manually amending a cell value then pressing enter?

The help file provides the following definition for the now() function.

"Returns the computer system date and time. The value is updated when you recalculate the document or each time a cell value is modified."

My spreadsheet has cells that are being modified every few seconds throughout over 20 different sheets by incoming DDE data, yet the now() function fails to recognise that any of these cells are continuously being modified and hence the time never updates until I hit F9 or manually amend a cell.

Please help...

I have cell contents autocalculate switched on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: