OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

[Solved] Blank page ejects before each page of 2 page text.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Myopic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: [Solved] Blank page ejects before each page of 2 page text. Reply with quote

When printing simple 2 page text document, a blank page is ejected before each page is printed. OO 3.1.1 file as .odt printing on HP PhotoSmart 7200. Print view shows only two pages. Have tried all possible options. No luck supressing the blank pages. If file saved as PDF and printed with Adobe Reader, still ejects blank pages. Is this a Writer problem with the simple text file or a new, never happended before printer quirk? Help, too many hours getting invested in simple 2 page text file!.

The answer to my problem was indeed the Windows supplied driver. When the original HP disk was used to reinstall the printer, the issue was resolved.

Last edited by 2Myopic on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load your document and look on the left side of the status bar. Does it show more than 2 pages?
2Myopic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Status bar shows Page 1/2 or 2/2 Reply with quote

I think I may have found the answer. I had installed the wireless printer on this laptop using the drivers that Windows provided, not the disks that I had used to install the printer on my destkop system. I transfered the file to the desktop system and it printed normally, without the blank pages. That makes me think that it is Bill Gates fault. I am going to send him a bill for the wasted paper trying to fix the problem. Have not yet had time to uninstall the printer and reinstall with the disks from HP. I will post another reply to mark this resolved if that solves the blank page issue. Thanks for your reply.
keme

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Status bar shows Page 1/2 or 2/2 Reply with quote

2Myopic wrote:
... I will post another reply to mark this resolved if that solves the blank page issue. Thanks for your reply.
Note that a new posting will not work as a "resolved" markup for the topic. Rather, edit the first post and add [SOLVED] to the subject line. (The subject line of the original post is used as the topic title in the forum list.)
2Myopic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Thanks for posting info. Reply with quote

This being my first post, I hadn't become acquainted with the proper protocol. Thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: