OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

speed problems with open/save/close

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imarusic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: speed problems with open/save/close Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I'm experiencing enormous lag/delay while opening/saving/closing Open Office documents located on another computer connected to the local 100 Mbps network. We're using OO 3.1.1 and Windows XP sp3 on all machines.

Same machine opens local document with a second, but opening of the same document located on any other computer on the network takes up to the whole minute.

Everything else on the network work fine and fast.

For example, I just copied complete OO 3.1.1 instalation exe file (157 MB) to my local drive from the network computer in less than 20 sec. Few moments later, I'm opening simple OO Spreadsheet document (26 kb) and it took 20 sec. If I manually copy that same document to my local drive and try to open it from there, OO opens it in less than a second.

Same situation with all the documents (Writer, Impress, etc). When opening document from a local drive - super-fast, when opening same document from a network drive - very, very slow.

I'm browsing the web and I notice that other have the same problems, but I'm unable to find the solution.

Any hints?
rosalindsanchyu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you could use a hammer... that is, you can sometimes get hints about the issue
by running the application under strace.

strace -f ooimpress filename.odp

this might help you get to the problem, the time delay has been bugging alot of people, don't know whats the exact probelm though!
imarusic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm running this on Windows XP sp3, so I can't execute strace. It's a Linux utility, right? Is it (or some equivalent) available for winXP?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: