OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

HowTo get Document Properties from Calc, Impress, PDF [Java]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a_cooper
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: HowTo get Document Properties from Calc, Impress, PDF [Java] Reply with quote

OpenOffice.org 2.4.0, running on XP Pro, Java 1.6

I am trying to read the document properties (title, subject, author, keywords) from Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF documents using a Java program that utilitizes the OOo libraries.

I have successfully been able to get the doc properties from a MS Word file. However, I have hit a roadblock with Excel and haven't attempted PowerPoint or PDF yet. I am getting a nullPointerException when I call the getDocumentInfo() method on the object of type XDocumentInfoSupplier.

Here is the offending code. A valid XSpreadsheetDocument is being passed into the function:
Code:

private XPropertySet getDocumentProperties(XSpreadsheetDocument theDoc) {
   XDocumentInfoSupplier xDocumentInfo = (XDocumentInfoSupplier) UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XDocumentInfoSupplier.class, theDoc);
   Object oDocumentInfo = xDocumentInfo.getDocumentInfo();   // throws Null Pointer here!
   XPropertySet pDocumentInfo = (XPropertySet)UnoRunTime.queryInterface(XPropertySet.class, oDocumentInfo);  // never gets here
   return pDocumentInfo;
}

Thanks for looking and thanks for any help you can give.
ayce
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this will help you:

Code:
XDocumentInfoSupplier xDocInfoSup = (XDocumentInfoSupplier) UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XDocumentInfoSupplier.class,  m_xFrame.getController().getModel());
                    XDocumentInfo xDocInfo = xDocInfoSup.getDocumentInfo();

greetz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: