OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Open Office "Variable Names"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scheda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Open Office "Variable Names" Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure what to call this... but here's what I'd like to do - hopefully you'll be able to help me out.

I have a list of 20 or so names and I'd like the intro of a letter I'm writing to look like...

Quote:
Dear {name},

blah blah.

Okay, so is there a way I can add this list of names to OO and have them printed out so the name is different in each letter?

I could probably program something to do this - but that's a pain in the butt and I imagine there's something in OO that already does this.

Thanks so much.
aaronaugusts
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to put variable declaration with Option Explicit at the top of the module. In that the first letter of the variable name indicates the type of value that the variable is going to hold. variable name and its meaning is:
a Structure
b Boolean (TRUE or FALSE)
e Enumeration. This variable can only have one of a limited set of values.
x Interface, to indicate that only operations of a particular interface of an object are used
v Variant, and there are many more used in open office..
stevesaunders
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Mail Merge Reply with quote

To create a form letter
1.Choose Tools - Mail Merge Wizard.
You see the Mail Merge Wizard dialog. The following is an example of one of many possible ways to navigate the wizard's pages:
2.Select Start from a template, and click the Browse button.
You see the Templates dialog.
3.Select Business Correspondence in the left list, and then Modern letter in the right list. Click OK to close the Templates dialog, and click Next in the wizard.
4.Select Letter and click Next.
5.On the next step of the wizard, click the Select Address List button to check that you are using the correct address list. Select an address block type, match the data fields if necessary, and click Next.
6.Next follows the Create a salutation step. Deselect the Insert personalized salutation box. Under General salutation, select the salutation that you want on top of all letters.
7.Click Next and finally Finish to create the mail merge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: