OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Recovering a saved over file?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deadskerry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Recovering a saved over file? Reply with quote

Hi,

My parents called me with a problem: my Dad was writing a text file and accidentally deleted most of the text and saved over the file by mistake. I have been into the backup and temp folder in OpenOffice (both empty) and into the general 'temp' folder of the computer. I arranged it by date modified and there doesn't seem to be anything whether file or folder that looks like it could be it, except one file called 'jusched' with no file extension that I can find - it opens in Notepad, and refuses to open in OpenOffice.

The backup setting was not turned on in OpenOffice, and neither was the Version setting. In File -> Versions there is nothing to choose from.

Could someone please tell me if any previous versions of the file would be available anywhere on the computer, whether autosave or previous manual saves, and if so, how I can find them.

Thanks in advance!
PromptJock
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, unless he backed-up that document Somewhere Else (i.e., another folder/partition, removable media), he's essentially screwed... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: