OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Nooob Here...Need To Insert Specific Text in every page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
howudoin
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Nooob Here...Need To Insert Specific Text in every page Reply with quote

My situation is a little unique in a sense that I need to insert some text in the main body of my document after a given number of lines.

Please note, that I cannot use header or Footer for this since I need to insert the text in main body rather than above or below the page.

Can anybody help me with this?

EDIT: Additional Info:
------------------------------------------------------------------
I forgot to mention this earlier, but what I want to accomplish is to copy the entire text (after inserting my own text on every page) and paste it into the wordpress editor (TinyMCE Editor ). Although, I'm happy if I can just "copy & paste" the document (After my text addition) into a simple text file.

Hence it's important for me that my inserted text (on every page), will also show up in the wordpress or any other normal editor (Such as Notepad or Notepad ++)
------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

Last edited by howudoin on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:57 am; edited 3 times in total
keme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a header or footer anyway. Insert a frame in the header (or footer) and type your text-insert in the frame. You can move that frame to anywhere on the page, it will remain anchored to the header and repeat on every page.
howudoin
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keme wrote:
Use a header or footer anyway. Insert a frame in the header (or footer) and type your text-insert in the frame. You can move that frame to anywhere on the page, it will remain anchored to the header and repeat on every page.

Thanks for the solution KEme, but I've just added additional info into my Opening post above.
So will your method be good for the above situation

Thanks in advance
Bhupinder Very Happy
keme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

howudoin wrote:
keme wrote:
Thanks for the solution KEme, but I've just added additional info into my Opening post above.
So will your method be good for the above situation
I guess it won't. It doesn't even look good in the document if your insert is supposed to be embedded with running text. (There's a distance enforced from text to frame. The only way to circumvent that is to anchor the frame as character, and then you can't move it anymore.)

So my solution is not very good to begin with, it's just the best I could come up with. For your needs (as specified in your edit) it seems to be useless.

For your needs I cannot see any fully automated solution. It may be possible (even trivial) to write a macro to automatically insert text at a specified position on each page as you type. Writing a macro that will maintain the position of such inserts when editing, is not a trivial task, and such a macro will probably degrade Writer performance noticeably. The closest match for your request may be a macro to run when your text is done, to insert your text in every page just before you copy it. If you don't get any response here, try asking in the "Macros and API" forum.
howudoin
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I guess it won't. It doesn't even look good in the document if your insert is supposed to be embedded with running text. (There's a distance enforced from text to frame. The only way to circumvent that is to anchor the frame as character, and then you can't move it anymore.)

So my solution is not very good to begin with, it's just the best I could come up with. For your needs (as specified in your edit) it seems to be useless.

For your needs I cannot see any fully automated solution. It may be possible (even trivial) to write a macro to automatically insert text at a specified position on each page as you type. Writing a macro that will maintain the position of such inserts when editing, is not a trivial task, and such a macro will probably degrade Writer performance noticeably. The closest match for your request may be a macro to run when your text is done, to insert your text in every page just before you copy it. If you don't get any response here, try asking in the "Macros and API" forum.

Thanks for the reply!

Just to be clear, I want something which adds my text to the main body After I've done all the editing
My main document text is already edited and now I simply want to add a small code after the last line of every single page.
I guess, because of this, I won't get into any "Writer performance" issues.
Further, I'm happy if I can just "copy & paste" the document (After my text addition) into a simple text file. (Forget about Wordpress or TinyMCE)

As you can see, my requirement is a fairly simple one. Nothing Overly complicated.

I'm pretty sure somebody might have written a Macro to deal with this.
Any pointers in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
Bhupinder
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macro here.
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=98838&highlight=
stevesaunders
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Auto Correct Function Reply with quote

Auto Correct Function

Try the auto correct function. I have had some success with a couple of words.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: