OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Interactive Charts in Writer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith McFarlane
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Interactive Charts in Writer Reply with quote

Relatively new to the OpenOffice API, I've been trying to create an INTERACTIVE chart based on a pre-existing XTable object programmatically. I can do this "manually" by selecting a set of rows and columns and then inserting an Object of type Chart from the standard OpenOffice writer menu-set. I can also create charts programmatically that are NOT interactive by creating and embedding an embedded object, setting the appropriate CLSID PropertyValue and accessing the XChartDataArray object and setData ( float [ ] [ ] ) method.To be clear, I'm referring to the "swriter' context, not a spreadsheet (no problems there, simply use the addNewByName method of the XTableCharts interface).

BUT HOW DO I TELL THE CHART WHICH TABLE and ROW / COLUMN RANGES I WISH TO PLOT? Your knowledge or suggestions are appreciated.

Best Wishes,
Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: