OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Writer can't handle lots of figures - back to MS Word :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aerotex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Writer can't handle lots of figures - back to MS Word :( Reply with quote

Why does Writer continually screw up my figures? I often write reports containing a large number of figures. I can insert these in an identical way, and everything will be fine, but then suddenly, when I scroll up a few pages, the image I have pasted in will have lost its anchor position and be floating in the middle of the page (despite the fact that when I check, it says it is still anchored to the paragraph). Or I will get a "Read Error" where the image should be. Or the caption numbering will jump a few numbers for no reason at all.

I have been wanting to move away from MS Word for years, and thought that Writer was the answer. At first, it was brilliant. My templates worked perfectly - it didn't alter my text formatting randomly, as Word can, and it was a joy to use. Then, when I really need it to do the job for me, it falls over, and I now have to go back to Word to get my report written, having wasted most of day.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try anchoring to character.
aerotex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I'm afraid that didn't help. Although it appeared to solve the problem initially, with all my figures in the correct place, when I then try to do something really outlandish (like save the document, or add an extra paragraph into my text), it just shuffles my figures around randomly. Very annoying in a 170 page document with 200+ figures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: