OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Is Dragon Speaking supported by O.Oo. 3.2 yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flywelder
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Is Dragon Speaking supported by O.Oo. 3.2 yet? Reply with quote

1) Has any one successfully used Dragon speaking software with the latest Open Office word processor version? ????
2) Does it work at all, like it should?
3) If Dragon speaking does work with open office 3.2, will any one start soon, the process to correct this....some one please. Thank you
I await your replies.
Corfy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it isn't a question of OOo supporting Dragon Speaking, it is a question of Dragon Speaking supporting OOo. And for that, it would be better to ask someone at Dragon Speaking, although there might be a few people familiar enough with the program to answer it here.

I haven't used Dragon Speaking in years, and the last time I did use it, I wasn't using OpenOffice.org yet.
flywelder
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying, what you say makes sense. I have posted similar questions on the Dragon speaking forum site in the past, and oddly enough, I have yet to receive a reply.

I am holding out to be fortunate that some one will reply soon, very soon, here at the Open office forum.
Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
BWilliams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been using Dragon speaking with open office for the last two weeks. Almost all functions work except the commands such as files save etc.
I am actually writing this with Dragon speaking. Smile
Karl M

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Writing in OpenOffice with Dragon Reply with quote

I've been using Dragon for a number of years now, versions 3 through 10. Have syrup policy Cerebral palsyon the right side can't type worth a damn by hand. I was going to put all of the errors in bold just for kicks but not sure how to do that here. You'll see the capitalizations and lost spaces in corrections. Oh yeah, my voice is somewhat raspy to Raspy to also. You will note that he capitalized the 2nd use of “raspy”. Dragon does this in OpenOffice whenever I go back to correct, or wait too long in between phrases. I believe it thinks that I'm beginning a new sentence, not sure why and wish it would stop. I've also used Dragon with WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Quattro Pro, Paradox and Eudora. They used to mesh much better but has each product Continues to developspecializes,Idiosyncrasies arise and they don't seem to get along well anymore.

Now, I spend a lot of time writing in dragon pad and pasting into the other programs because dragon pad doesn't have a lot of formatting Options support. I enjoy writing verbal commands for OpenOffice because they're easy to write when you can use shortcut keys and you can set your own Shortcut keys in OpenOffice easier than other programs.

I'm sure I've exceeded somebodies limit – easy to do when you're just talking. If anyone knows why corrections are capitalized And/or spaces are droppedI'd appreciate Hearing from you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: